Friday, October 9, 2009

My New Life- As A Professional Wirter...

I wrote this a few days ago and didn't get a chance to finish the post or publish it:

Wow... Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would happen. I started out on a no name site ghost writing articles for pennies. Now, ever since registering at Odesk things are really taking off for me.
I think I will finish what I was trying to say, as the news just keeps getting better and better. For example, what I was referencing to above was a job that I managed to secure from ODesk.com. It is a freelance site where you fill out your profile, take some tests, post your resume and bid for different jobs. I did all that and I also bid on a few jobs. Of course, I got rejected for the first three of them, but then, one night while I was reading my job opening alert email,(this was honestly the first time I ever really read the alert email) as I had been rejected a few times, I was becoming very discouraged about the site but I stumbled across this posting: "Technology Blog Writer, Youserbase," and I applied for the job. I honestly didn't think that I would get it. I mean I was up against so many more qualified people and I was only a "newbie". But I went for it anyway. It looked to be right up my alley.

And to my surprise, I was invited to an interview. Me, the newbie was invited to an interview.

Ok, soi I know that I am a geat writer. but did anyone else think so? Apparently so. With just one sample of my writing submitted, and one intrview, I got that job. Now I am writing daily for the #1 Consumer Electronic Wiki In Europe. It's Called Youserbase.org. It really is a great site, and it is edited by real people and maintained by a great guy named Hendrik Hartz, my boss.

And if That Wasn't Enough...

I was invited to another interview a few days later for a different type of blog altogether! And again, after just one submission of a writing sample and one formal interview, I got that job too. This one is for a ating site, and as soon as I have a link to post, I will.

The Icing On the Cake

Not Only did I land two jobs from ODesk.com, I have also been published by a few other sites for various articles I have been writing over the past few weeks. I will be honest with all of you. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I had what it took to be a professional writer. But as it turns out, I apparently i do! So do me a favor and help out a budding Freelance Writing career that really has a chance at making the big time... Click on the article links on the right and pass them around to all your friends. The more page views the better.

All I Want Is A Little Honesty-Please

And if you really like one of the articles, rate it or leave a comment. And if you really don't like an article, tell me that too. I want real feedback. Not just a little bit of niceness because you are my friend. A true friend is honest. And that is what I want from all of you who take the time to read my blog. Honesty. Thank you all, because without any of you, I would never have had the courage to do what I am doing now. especially you, Thomas Torpey, I love you very much and without your endless pushing and nonstop believing in me, this never would've taken off the way it did. Thank you again... And as I say in my other blog...KEEP DREAMING!

No comments:

View My Portfolio & Samples

View Samples at Virtual Copy and JC Torpey's Portfolio.

Get writing tips and general news at the VCopy Blog.